Identosphere 94 • Acquisitions: Avast by Norton 8.1B, Ping by Thoma Bravo 2.8B • JSON Web Proofs at IETF 114
A weekly publication following the leading news in decentralized identity standardization, governance, education and development.
Thanks for your Support!
Contribute on Patreon …or reach out to Kaliya
Exploring digital identity for a Decentralized Society — a RadicalxChange Open Space (virtual) unConference 8/16+18 Kaliya & Heidi are helping
Decentralized Web Camp 8/24-28 in Northern California (Kaliya’s attending & encouraging SSI folks to participate)
Hyperledger Global Forum 9/12-14 Kaliya is attending.
Data Governance Community Day 9/14 (Lucy Yang and IdentityWoman talk SSI and datagovernance)
Open Source Summit Europe Linux Foundation, Dublin Ireland 9/13-16
Trust Over IP Summit (co-located with Open Source Summit Europe) Dublin, Ireland 9/14
Internet Identity Workshop #35 11/14-16, Mountain View CA
We’re helping people take back their identity QUI
• Backend System Engineer, Decentralized Identity
• Software Engineer, Decentralized Identity
• Mobile Developer
• Software Engineer, Web3
• Senior Product Designer
• Senior Product Manager
UK provisionally approves $8.1B NortonLifeLock-Avast merger, citing competition from Microsoft TechCrunch
Ping Identity to be Acquired by Thoma Bravo for $2.8 Billion Ping Identity
The Empire Strikes On Doc Searls
We did it in the physical world with the personal privacy tech we call clothing, shelter, locks, doors, shades, and shutters. We’ve barely started to make the equivalents for the digital world.
Can frameworks help us understand and communicate? MyDigitalFootprint
What we choose to optimise for is different from what a team of humans or a company will optimise for.
Remembering Craig Burton
Craig is a great man, a good person, a valued advisor, and a fabulous friend. Craig's life is an amazing story of success, challenge, and overcoming.
• Online identity and the history of identifiers Hypersign
• Drawbacks of Traditional Identifiers and An Introduction to WEB3 Hypersign
• Digital Identity: Past; Present; Future Hypersign
• In-depth introduction to Self Sovereign Identity (SSI) Hypersigndirectly
JSON Web Proofs BoF at IETF 114 in Philadelphia
• Chair Slides Karen O’Donoghue and John Bradley
• The need: Standards for selective disclosure and zero-knowledge proofs Mike Jones
• Why re-form the JOSE working group to meet the need? Mike Jones
• The selective disclosure industry landscape, including Verifiable Credentials and ISO mDL Kristina Yasuda
• The JSON Web Proofs specifications – Jeremie Miller
• Beyond JWS: BBS as a new algorithm with advanced capabilities utilizing JWP Tobias Looker
Aries Agent Test Harness Enhancement Project IDLab
• The gap between AIP 2.0 constituent RFCs and the current implementation of the AATH tests
• Requirements from Interac with respect to AIP 2.0
TruAge to be Deployed by CDE to Convenience Stores Nationwide PRNewswire
"The convenience retailing industry conducts 165 million transactions a day and 50 million of them involve an age-restricted product. It is exciting to announce that TruAge will be implemented into thousands of stores that conduct age-restricted transactions," said TruAge CEO Kyle McKeen.
NACS Announces TruAge™ Digital ID-Verification Solution Convenience.org
VIP Keynote with Anil John and Gray Taylor Conexxus
Zetrix Paving the Way with new DID Standard TechTimes
Zetrix recently announced their partnership with Xinghuo BIF, the national blockchain of China that is supported by all levels of the Chinese government. Xinghuo BIF is already running at a scale that allows it to process 94 million identifiers daily, and ZID will act as the international extension of Xinghuo's on-chain signing service known as Spark.
EIDAS 2.0 Turns To Self-Sovereign Identification To Bring Users Ownership And Control Forbes
Self-Sovereign Digital Identity Wallets for Citizens Tages
Horizon Europe, EU Health, Digital Europe, Creative Europe, Digital Single Market, Citizens, Equality, Rights, and Values Programme were shared by the experts [...] Watch all the presentations from the event: 11 May 2022, 12 May 2022
Enthusiasts of Self-Sovereign Information Sharing should look into EBSI this summer European Commission
#1 EBSI combines W3C standards, Verifiable Credentials and DIDs, with blockchain technology for the purpose of information sharing between Citizens and Governments (C2G) or Businesses (C2B)
EBSI Explained European Commission
EBSI is a blockchain network of distributed nodes across Europe to support important applications. [...]
• Verifiable Credentials Explained
• Verifiable Credentials in Action
• Decentralized Identifiers (DID) Methods
• Digital Identity
• Issuers Trust Model
• OpenID Connect for VCs
• Digital Wallet
Digital Identity Market Signals Indicio
• Digital ID bill sees action in the House and Senate
• Will EU digital identity drop the unique identifier?
• Why digital identity will make or break the Metaverse
• Young people at greater risk of falling victim to identity fraud
Gitcoin Passport To Make Fundraising, Governance More Fair Blockworks
“What everyone else is missing is usage.” Today there are few if any dApps using DID, thus few users care about having an effective DID system, and decentralized apps have no incentive to prioritize it.
New Podcast: The Week in Identity
Hosts Simon Moffatt (Founder at The Cyber Hut) and David Mahdi (ex-Gartner Analyst and CISO Advisor)
Research \ Report
Studying Bitcoin privacy attacks and their Impact on Bitcoin-based Identity Methods SmartContractResearch
We investigate the privacy of the method did:btcr based on the criteria adopted from RFC 6973.
• Secondary Use
Exploring the use of self-sovereign identity for event ticketing systems
To generalize our results, we derive design principles for the efficient, reliable, and privacy-oriented ticket and identity verification and the use of revocation registries.
The Future of Digital Identity: Separating the digital from the individual (Report)
real-time and frictionless processes is what is driving the future of digital identity
Velocity NYC Assembly ’22
• Global Data Interoperability – Making the Future of Work, Work (Slides)
• Types of Credentials Portable via Velocity Network (Slides) (youtube)
• De-mystify Verifications – Product design decisions and considerations (Slide Deck)
• Understanding Compliance (Privacy, FCRA) (Slides)
• Velocity Network adoption by US Healthcare & EU Banking Clusters (Slide Deck)
• Building a Wallet? Start Here (youtube)
• Becoming a Node Operator on Mainnet (Slide Deck) (youtube)
• Network Integrity – Can We Trust Verifiable Career Credentials? (youtube)
• Trailblazers Stage – Members Showcasing (Part 2) Vendors: YOTI, SAP, Greenlight Credentials, Domain-U, Cisive. (youtube)
• Monetizing on Velocity Network (Slide Deck) (youtube)
• De-mystify Issuing – Product design decisions and considerations (Slide Deck) (youtube)
• The Future of Learning Think Tank – Rethinking the Ways We Learn and Recognize Talent with Verifiable Career Credentials (youtube)
• Future Thinkers – Creating a More Equitable World of Work with Verifiable Career Credentials (youtube)
• Future Thinkers – Decentralizing credentialing is probably the best thing that can happen to regulated industries (youtube)
• Trailblazers Stage – Members Showcasing Vendors: AON, Jobvite, Randstad, Randa Solutions, Walt.ID (youtube)
• Future Thinkers – Unleashing the Full Potential of the Job Market With Verifiable Career Credentials (youtube)
• Velocity Network Mainnet Is Live! (youtube)
• Labor Market’s Defining Moment Is Now! (Slide Deck) (youtube)
Not a fan of flex culture personally, but I can plausibly see it LynAlden Twitter
Decentralized Identity and Web3 SpruceID
With current technologies, we can have a user sign-in using their keys (e.g. Sign-In with Ethereum), have credentials issued to their identifier (and store them), and use capabilities to retrieve and present those credentials.
Web3 Will Flip Digital Ownership On Its Head Entrepreneur
Despite people spending a lot of money today on all forms of digital content, from streaming service subscriptions to in-game purchases, we don't own any digital content we "buy" online.
Misha @MishaDaVinci Twitter
Every single day, the 5 tech giants use your online property to make massive profits. Last year alone, they took in $1,400,000,000,000. Here's what you need to KNOW & DO